Monday, March 29, 2010

Unit 8
I choose the loving kindness and subtle mind. The loving kindness gives me an opportunity to focus on someone else. It let me think of my daughter who is young and feel that her world is coming to an end, because she still have abnormal cell in her cervix and we are now waiting to find out what stage they are in. So I have been on my "in breathe" I have been taking in her suffering from cancer cell, and on my "out breathe" I am breathing out healthy cervical cell, happiness she get from her beautiful daughter and enjoyment it gives her to make her life complete, and I pray to God and ask him for strength for her .
The Subtle mind I enjoy breathing and watching the rising and falling of the chest and I focus on the breathing until I feel comfortable, peacefulness, and a stillness.
Practicing these breathing technique I have been during exercise that I am breathing and I tight the muscle in my stomach, leg and back strengthening. These exercise is a part of my morning ritual.

2 comments:

  1. Velma,
    Great post... Thanks you for sharing with us... I agree with you about the loving-kindness exercise. I really enjoy how you focus on other people. It is like intercessory prayer. Giving someone a part of yourself without them knowing is humbling and gives a sense of enjoyment. I know when I think about myself and all this and that, I can become very selfish. Giving to others - well, there is no greater feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Velma,
    Thanks for sharing. You are being a strong and humble example for your daughter and grandaughter. Continue the loving kindness exercise it is great. May you continue to be strong for your family.
    Mia

    ReplyDelete